Ten Reasons To Study Abroad In Seville
Study abroad in Seville, Spain with Centro MundoLengua! We offer Spanish courses throughout the year to students from around the world – who hope to explore Spain through a program that offers academic excellence and the opportunity for full cultural immersion.
- The weather. “Drenched for most of the year in spirit-enriching sunlight,” says Lonely Planet. Seville is a beautiful place to call home for your stay. Rarely below freezing – or above boiling! – Seville’s weather welcomes you with open arms and makes it easy to explore the city throughout the year.
- You will learn Spanish! In Barcelona, you be able to fall back on your English, but in Seville you can (and must) practice your Spanish. Locals prefer to speak in Spanish, which is not always the case in bigger cities, and makes for an excellent place to study abroad.
- The restaurants. Seville is a culinary hotspot, and you can expect to find a bevvy of skilled and inventive chefs at local restaurants, in addition to the well-established and well-loved traditional places.
- And the tapas! There are over 1000 tapas bars in Seville. Tapas keep Spain running from dawn…til dawn. From 8pm on, you can join the rest of the city in exploration of Spain’s best small dishes.
- And the markets! Find meats, cheeses and baked goods at the Mercado de Triana, or tapas and desserts at the Mercado Lonja del Barranco. Others are flea markets. If you weren’t a chef before you came, Seville will convince you otherwise…
- Spring festivals. For Holy Week and April Fair, beautiful and colorful floats and paper lanterns take over the city’s streets. Seville is a rich cultural destination, and the festivals are a bright staple of tradition.
- Driving distance to the Strait of Gibraltar. Dip your toes in the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea (almost) at once! You can even see Morocco in the distance. This destination is one of the most magnificent and historic places in Spain.
- A big city you can explore by foot. Despite being the fourth largest city in the country, Seville is largely walkable, which makes it more manageable and easier to get a feel for as a newcomer. Walk from class to your new favorite tapas bar, to a local market all in one afternoon. You will quickly get to know the city streets and feel like a local.
- Or bike! Seville has its own “Citibike” called Sevici. Brace yourself for a bumpy cobblestone ride, and bring your fresh fish home from the market on your front handlebars.
- Real life Game of Thrones gardens. The Royal Alcazar Gardens was a filming location for the hit show, and it’s no surprise why – the impressive and well-kept gardens surrounding a former palace are a magical respite inside city walls.
Seville is a colorful (literally) and vibrant Spanish city that offers you an accessible but rich Spanish immersion experience. Centro MundoLengua will help get you here, and help get you on your journey to learn Spanish and explore all the country and the city has to offer.