Middle/High School Student Scholarships
We’re proud of the high-quality academic programs that we provide to middle and high school students, and we aim to make the experience an accessible one, regardless of a student’s economic background.
To that end, we offer numerous scholarships annually to middle and high school students who exemplify a genuine curiosity and interest in the Spanish language and culture. These are only for our summer programs.
- Official school transcript.
- Reference letter from the student’s Spanish teacher (in English or Spanish) with full teacher contact information (name, school name, email address, and phone number).
- Essay written by the student, about an aspect of Spanish culture that interests him/her (approximately one page, written in Spanish).
- Essay written by the student, explaining why he/she wants to study in Spain (approximately one page, written in Spanish).
- Essay written by the student, explaining in as much detail as necessary (English or Spanish), his/her family’s financial situation and why he/she needs this scholarship to attend the program.
Terms & Conditions:
- Scholarships are only available for middle and high school students participating in our summer programs (May – August).
- The scholarship will cover the cost, or partial cost, of one of our 2-week summer programs.
- Airfare is not included.
- MundoLengua must receive all materials before the published deadline. There are no exceptions.
- For groups of students from the U.S .from a particular school travelling with a teacher chaperone, the maximum scholarship amount to the school will be $3000. To be considered a group, there must be a minimum of 8 students travelling. In any case, all students must solicit and turn in all required materials before the established deadline to be considered for any scholarship. There are no exceptions.
- If you sign up and are awarded an early registration discount, a family discount, or any discount through a special offer, and are then awarded a partial or full scholarship at a later date; MundoLengua will award the greater of the two quantities to the student. In no circumstances can discounts be combined with scholarships.
Successful scholarship candidates will have completed the following requirements:
- We must receive all applications postmarked no later than the end of January.
- We will notify recipients toward the middle of February.
For more information:
Contact Yaye Baena
All completed scholarship applications must include your name, school name, contact telephone number and email address. Teachers who submit recommendations for students must also include their full contact information.