Continuing Education Program for Spanish Teachers. University of Cadiz
|* See details below|
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
Learn new trends and technology used in Spanish teaching!
Are you a Spanish teacher that longs to discover innovative, new, and original ideas for your Spanish classes that motivate and inspire your students in a positive way? Do you also wish to integrate a cultural component in your class program? Enthusiastic Spanish teachers, look no further! Our continuing education program for Spanish teachers is for you!
Offered through a collaboration between Centro MundoLengua and the University of Cádiz, our continuing education program for Spanish teachers allows you to submerge yourself in the Spanish culture and discover new trends that will revolutionize the way that you teach Spanish!
Participants in our program for continuing education for Spanish teachers will:
- Discover the latest innovations and didactic resources to teach Spanish as a foreign language
- Update and strengthen their methodology and techniques for teaching Spanish as a foreign language
- Renew their work tools, techniques, and strategies to motivate and inspire students
- Learn to integrate a cultural dimension into their Spanish classes to promote the discovering of different aspects of Spanish civilization
Where does the continuing education program for Spanish teachers take place?
Our continuing education program for Spanish teachers takes place on the campus of the University of Cádiz, in the south of Spain. Cádiz is an ideal city to take Spanish as a foreign language training and enjoy the incredible culture, history, and Spanish architecture, in the oldest city of the Western world.
In Cádiz, participants are able to:
- Delight in the numerous typical tapas bars throughout the city
- Discover Cádiz's incredible food market filled with amazing stalls of fish, fruit, and various gourmet products
- Take advantage of the sun in one of the many white-sand beaches
- Mingle with locals, who known for their friendliness and hospitality
- Update your knowledge and adapt your teaching techniques with the most modern methodologies, develop your talent and reignite your passion for the Spanish language and culture
- Learn an innovative way to motivate your Spanish students thanks to practical training, combined with classes and workshops
- Gain the use of innovative and creative materials for your Spanish classes through the methodology courses, teaching techniques, and workshops
- Enhance your knowledge of Spain on a social, political, and cultural level through Spain the practical Spanish teacher workshops designed to do just that
- Meet numerous Spanish teachers from around the world, share your knowledge with them, and build your professional web
- Experience the Spanish culture, language, and gastronomy in an authentic way through housing with a carefully-selected Spanish family
- Enjoy numerous social, cultural, and athletic activities with integrated excursions that allow you to combine the teacher training course with an exciting vacation in Spain
|8:00am -||9:00am||Breakfast with host family.|
|9:00am -||9:30am||Go to the University of Cádiz.|
|9:30am -||2:00pm||Classes, practical workshops, and fun activities with the University of Cádiz (Monday - Friday), 4 hours/day with a 30-minute break included.|
|2:00pm -||5:30pm||Return to house to have lunch, rest, and do personal work required for training.|
|5:30pm -||7:00pm||Afternoon activity*: cultural visits, Spanish cooking classes, Seville/flamenco dance class, surf class, excursion to port of Santa María, etc. (2 activities/week)|
|7:00pm -||9:00pm||Free time before dinner.|
|9:00pm -||10:00pm||Dinner with Spanish family or out at a bar, restaurant, etc.|
|10:00pm -||12:00am||Nighttime activity*: tapas route, group dinner, wine tasting with Iberian products, yoga on the beach, flamenco show, etc.|
* 2 activities are included each week.
|Continuing Education Program for Spanish Teachers. University of Cádiz||TBD||Experienced||Spanish Family||Spanish Teachers||
What is included?
|Housing with a Spanish family|
|Transport to/from airport|
The following dates are in reference to the expected arrival and departure days.
Who is the continuing studies for Spanish teachers program directed towards?
The continuing studies for Spanish teachers program with the University of Cádiz is directed towards experienced Spanish teachers who want to modernize, reinforce their skills, and revive their passion for teaching Spanish as a foreign language.
What are the objectives for the continuing studies program for Spanish teachers?
Thanks to this teacher training, Spanish teachers will:
- Submerge themselves in the Spanish culture through the innovative didactic resources
- Update and strengthen their methodology and pedagogy for teaching Spanish
- Revive their work tools, techniques, and strategies with the end goal of motivating and inspiring students
How is the continuing studies for Spanish teachers program structured?
The program includes 60 instructional hours, divided in the following way:
- 25 hours of class at the University of Cádiz
- 12 hours of workshops about new methods and resources for teaching Spanish as a foreign language
- 12 hours of workshops about current Spain by gaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of present-day Spain on a social, cultural, and political level
- Remaining hours dedicated to diverse activities related to the Spanish teacher training
What methodology is used?
The methodology has a completely practical focus, which applies concrete concepts and methodologies that are taught during the continuing studies program for teachers of Spanish as a foreign language (for example: an exhaustive analysis of recent methodological questions, presentations on innovative didactic materials, etc.)
Do you organize airport pickups?
Pickups from the airport of Jerez de la Frontera (XRY) is included in the price of the program.
Where does the continuing education program for Spanish teachers take place?
The continuing studies program for Spanish teachers takes place on the campus of the University of Cádiz, in the heart of the historical center of the oldest city of Western Europe and just steps away from the beautiful Caleta beach.
Are class materials included?
Class materials are included as well as specific materials for Centro MundoLengua.
Will I receive a certificate?
All participants of the continuing studies program for Spanish teachers will receive a certificate at the end of the program for the total number of instructional hours.
What are the cultural activities?
We will review this itinerary upon your arrival, but prepare to broaden your knowledge of Spain's history and return with much to teach your students. This is one of the most enjoyable extras of the continuing studies program and something that you cannot indulge in with other continuing education courses for Spanish teachers. Our continuing education for Spanish teachers program not only takes place in the classroom, but also in the streets, with locals!
How are the weeks organized in the continuing studies program for Spanish teachers?
You should plan to arrive on Sunday of the first week. We will meet early on the first Monday to welcome everybody. We will also have city orientation on that day, as well as various cultural visits throughout the city in the following days. Teachers will also have the freedom to travel on weekends.
What will happen over the weekend?
The weekend will be free for you to travel on your own. This is an excellent opportunity to visit Andalucía, southern Portugal, and even Lisbon, Morocco, Barcelona, Valencia, etc. The possibilities are endless seeing that the cities we have developed our programs in are well-connected. The teachers that travel with their students can join in on the excursions that we organize for them.
What are the Spanish families like?
If you want to submerge yourself in the Spanish culture and language, this is the best way to do so. Our associated families have worked with us for many years and have been carefully selected and visited by our housing director. The majority of the associated Spanish families live in middle-class apartments with normal living commodities. You will have your own bedroom, although most likely you will share the bathroom. The families will provide all meals, as this is an excellent opportunity to try new homemade Spanish dishes. We can also accommodate special dietary needs, although we need to know beforehand. Your family will also do the laundry for you.
Are there other types of housing options?
We can help you find economic hotels or apartments that are located near the school. Let us know if you would prefer this and need help.
Can I travel with my students?
Of course! Each year, we have groups of students from the attending schools from different countries that participate in our Spanish language and culture courses. We are at your service if you would like to discuss planning a group travel for your students, for the Spring or Summer, in our schools. We offer programs for all levels of Spanish, as well as educational tours, volunteering opportunities, academic and language exchanges, etc.