It is best to get along without appliances such as hairdryers or laptops, which add weight and bulk to your luggage. For American students, in order to operate American appliances abroad, you will need both a plug adapter and a voltage converter (which are also heavy and bulky) because Spain’s electrical system is 220v, versus the 110v used in the US.  You can purchase a standard converter or buy an appliance with a converter built in, but they do not always work.

Category: Packing

← What about electrical equipment?